What is Best Buddies International ?

Mission statement

To establish a global volunteer movement that creates opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment and leadership development for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.

Vision statement

To put Best Buddies out of business.


Sunday, November 23, 2008

I want to MOVE IT..MOVE IT..

Charmaine and Wai Keen are adorable when they sang "I want to move it..move it"

"I want to move it..move it..." is the song for the movie - Madagasca: Escape to Africa


Yes, first time Omer and I brought Charmaine and Wai Keen (Buddies) for a movie today...

When i smsed Charmaine about the movie plan, she was very excited and asked me "What time? Where?"... I never thought that she will be interested with my plan...I am pretty much delighted and looking forward to have a movie with her...

Hence, we decided to catch up a movie during this sunny Sunday..So, 4 of us chose a 3:30pm movie in a cinema which nearby their house...

Initially, i thought that it will be easier for me to talk to them.. Out of my expectation, i realized that they hardly understand our words. However, we never give up. We tried to listen to them, and laugh with them. By asking their daily life routine, we managed to catch up with them better. We also tried to repeat our words in order for them to understand what we are trying to convey.

I was a bit panicked when Charmaine told me that her ears were painful at the beginning of movie. I was worried about her..But, she said she was alright. I guess she wasn't adapt to the loud noise in the cinema. Luckily, everything went well till the end of the movie.

I was also afraid that they are bored and unhappy for this trip. "Thank you for bring us out for a movie" they were thankful for our deed and they love the movie. Finally, we were relieved, and also feel much very touched by their little words.

Another thing that i must mention is...their parents are really lovely. First of all, they willing to allow their children to go out with us. Secondly, they are open hearted. Thirdly, they are thankful that what we have done.

It was really a very meaningful sunday in my life. By spending time with them, i have experienced different type of happiness. They are easily contented, and they could brighten your day with their innocent and true laugh. Nothing need to be afraid of. After experienced it, i feel that i could do it better for the next time. Most importantly, we have to be patient and do it wholeheartedly.

Can't wait to have a second trip with them... :)

This is Wai Keen - funny and adorable


This is Charmaine - caring and cute



0 comments: