What is Best Buddies International ?

Mission statement

To establish a global volunteer movement that creates opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment and leadership development for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.

Vision statement

To put Best Buddies out of business.


Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Charmaine and I : Movie Outing

Now, let me officially introduce my buddy. Her name is Charmaine Chan, currently 20 years old. She has down syndrome. She is always looking so cute and lovey in people' eye.

Best Buddies' one-to-one friendship starts on April 2009 officially. But, I got to know her last year around September 08. This was my 2nd time to bring her out for a movie. This time, we watched a movie called "Battle of Terra". It is an animation movie, and we enjoyed it.

Before the show started, we went for arcade. We played basketball shooting, and then she played "kungfu" on the play machine. I was surprised. She played till level 8, the last stage. I always died at level 1, but she pulled it to the end. Then, the first time i knew that she learnt tae kwan do. I only can jokingly said "charmaine, you got to protect me now" haha..

Yes, she is always cheerful. She said so many times "thank you" for bringing her out. She even said "I won't disturb you because I know you are busy with studies". She is caring. She always looking forward for the next outing. I hope I could have more time for her too.

Hope our friendship will grow

0 comments: